So you’ve decided you want to sell your house. Staging is an important step in the selling process. It is the method of preparing your property for sale, this can include interior and exterior updates. Staging is designed to highlight your home’s best assets, impress buyers, and sell it fast for an amazing price.
Home staging focuses on depersonalizing your home so that buyers can visualize themselves in your space. The last thing you want is someone distracted by your personal belongings or style, to the point where they miss out on a great potential property. Staging your home properly will maximize its full potential and give buyers a positive first impression of your home, both in-person and via photo/video.
Tips for Staging a Bathroom to Sell:
- Remove bath mat or rug
- Declutter all counters and shelves
- Neutralize the colour palette of the room
- Deep clean the entire space (scrub the walls, floors and ceiling spotless)
- Refresh the caulking and remove stains
- Swap out old towels for fresh white towels (you can grab a set from your local dollar store)
- Clean glass and mirrors
- Remove personal items, such as shampoo bottles, make up, and medications etc.
- Remove unnecessary large items (garbage cans, stools, scales)
- Add a plant for a refreshing and spa-like feel
- Paint and patch where needed and make any minor repairs
- Add a fresh coat of paint if it’s in the budget
- Add a new roll of toilet paper
The ultimate goal here is to create a clean, fresh and inviting environment where buyers can imagine themselves living. Let them fill in the blanks and dream of creating their own functional space.
Not sure where to start? Looking for helpful tips to maximize on your investment? Contact us today! We promise to help you navigate and understand the buying and selling process. Let our team help you achieve your real estate goals today!
Mark Belcher | Sales Representative | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Burke | Sales Representative | email@example.com
Jamie Purdon | Broker | firstname.lastname@example.org