Greater Napanee is a town in southeastern Ontario, Canada, approximately 45 kilometres (28 mi) west of Kingston and the county seat of Lennox and Addington County. It is located on the eastern end of the Bay of Quinte. Greater Napanee municipality was created by amalgamating the old Town of Napanee with the townships of Adolphustown, North and South Fredericksburgh, and Richmond in 1999. Greater Napanee is co-extensive with the original Lennox County.
The town is home to the Allan Macpherson House, a historic 1826 property that is now a museum. Macpherson was a major in the Lennox militia, operated the town’s grist and saw mills, as well as the distillery and general store. He served as post master and land agent, operated the first local printing press and helped fund the establishment of many local schools and churches. The home sits on the banks of the Napanee River, which runs through the town.
Map with List Fullscreen
Real Estate Listings
Please wait while we are fetching properties...